Until recently, Israeli families with children in BC, and those getting their first adult Israeli passport, were required to travel to Toronto to visit the Israeli consulate. In a new initiative, the Israeli consulate in Toronto is now collaborating with an exclusive local notary public in each of Vancouver, Calgary and Winnipeg. This collaboration is meant to assist Israeli citizens who wish to renew or extend their under-18 children's travel documents, and to assist Israeli citizens who are getting their first adult passport.
Brosgall Legal | Notary Services is pleased to announce that Adam Brosgall, the principal lawyer at Brosgall Legal has been approved by the Israeli Consulate in Toronto to be the exclusive Notary Public in the Province of British Columbia to assist Israeli citizens who wish to renew or extend their under-18 children's travel documents. Adam can also assist Israeli citizens in BC who are getting their first adult passport - please contact Brosgall Legal for further information. You may also see the Israel consulate's website. To book an appoinment, please send us an email or call us at 604-685-ADAM .
Notary Public Procedure for Israeli Minors in British Columbia:
1. Mr. Brosgall will notarize the parents' signatures on their children's passport renewal or extension forms.
2. Mr. Brosgall will identify the minors appearing before him, with their updated passport photos, and sign the back of the photos.
Parents wishing to use the notary public's services must arrange a meeting with Brosgall Legal, and both parents must come together with their child and the following documents:
1. Forms for renewal/extension of a passport, filled in but unsigned (the parents will both sign in front of Mr. Brosgall).
2. Birth certificate of the minor with the names of both parents.
3. Photocopies of the parents' passports.
4. Two recent 5 by 5 centimeter passport photos of the child.
Please note the following:
1. Those who choose not to appear before Brosgall Legal may continue to come to the Consulate in person to renew/extend their children's passports.
2. Both parents must come to the meeting with the notary public, along with the child.
3. The notary public's service comes at a fee.
4. After the notarization, the signed forms and the children's photographs must be sent by mail to the Consulate General in Toronto.
5. Only requests signed by the specific notary assigned to the province will be approved by the Consulate.
Below is a list of the approved notary publics for each province:
Adam Brosgall (Brosgall Legal)
938 Howe St #716
Joshua Switzer (Caron & Partners)
700 2nd St SW #2100
21st Floor - Scotia Centre
Vancouver Notary Public, Commissioner of Oaths, and Lawyer
Brosgall Legal's owner and principal, Adam Brosgall, is an experienced Vancouver Notary Public, BC Commissioner of Oaths, and Lawyer. In addition to being approved as the exclusive Notary Public in the Province of British Columbia to assist Israeli citizens who wish to renew or extend their under-18 children's travel documents, and get their first adult passports, Adam also processes international notarizations, authentications, and legalizations (Apostilles) for use in Israel. If you have any questions, please feel free to send us an email, or call 604-685-ADAM  to book an appointment. Please see our Vancouver Notary home page for our other services, and we look forward to assisting.