If you are travelling, working, investing, probating an estate, or doing business in China, there's a very good chance you'll be asked to provide your Canadian documentation to the Chinese authorities, or to your personal contacts there. Before your Canadian documents will be accepted as valid in China, they must go through a special process called authentication and legalization. In other countries, this process is often referred to as Apostille. In Canada, getting your document authenticated and legalized is the legal equivalent of getting an Apostille. The entire process centers on signature and document verification. Because each country, and each different type of document, has specific requirements, the process can get quite complicated.
Brosgall Legal | Notary Services specializes in this process, and we would be pleased to assist. While getting an authentication and legalization done in Canada can be very complex, we've simplified the process for our clients. All we need is your original documentation, and we take it from there. We send regular updates, and we provide you with the fully authenticated and legalized documents at the end. For further information or to discuss getting your documents authenticated and legalized with Brosgall Legal, please send us an email or call us at 604-685-ADAM .
How does Brosgall Legal Authentication & Legalization services work?
- if a translation is required, we arrange for a certified translation.
- we prepare and affix our notarial certificate to your documentation, and apply our signature and gold notarial seal.
- for governmental authentication, Brosgall Legal regularly deals with the Law Society of BC in Vancouver, the BC Ministry of Justice in Victoria, or the Department of Foreign Affairs in Ottawa.
- finally, Brosgall Legal handles the country-specific requirements of consular legalization. We work closely with the Chinese Consulate in Vancouver, and we keep track of all their current requirements, fees, and timing.
Typical Documents Requiring Apostilles in China
Some of the most common types of documents that require an Apostille (authentication and legalization) for use in China are:
- international powers of attorney and property transfers
- identification, passport, visa and citizenship papers
- birth certificates for destination weddings
- death, wills and probate documents
- notarizations and acknowledgments
- corporate records, commercial documents and letters of intent
- police record check and clearance certificates
- diplomas, degrees and academic transcripts
- certified true copies and notarizations of other important documents
Brosgall Legal specializes in providing authentication and legalization services for all of these documents. We have years of experience working with Canadian government authorities, and the foreign consulates and embassies in Vancouver, Toronto and Ottawa. We navigate the complex and bureaucratic authentication and legalization process on your behalf, ensuring that your documents will be legal and valid for use in China.
Vancouver Notary Public, Commissioner of Oaths, and Lawyer
Brosgall Legal's owner and principal, Adam Brosgall, is an experienced Vancouver Notary Public, BC Commissioner of Oaths, and Lawyer. He is fully qualified, licenced, and insured to do international notarizations, authentications, and legalizations (Apostilles) for use in China. If you have any questions, please feel free to send us an email, or call 604-685-ADAM  to book an appointment. Same day service and walk-ins are welcome. Please see our Vancouver Notary home page for our other services, and we look forward to assisting.