When you travel, work, invest, or do business in South Africa, you will need to send Canadian documentation to South Africa. In order to make your Canadian documentation valid for use in South Africa, it needs to be authenticated and legalized, also known as an Apostille. In Canada, getting your document authenticated and legalized is the legal equivalent of getting an Apostille. The entire process centers on signature and document verification. Because every country and document is different, it can be a complicated and frustrating process.
Brosgall Legal | Notary Services specializes in this process, and we would be happy assist. We simplify the authentication and legalization process for our clients. Once we have your original documentation, we handle everything on your behalf and hand you the fully authenticated and legalized documents at the end. For further information or to discuss getting your documents authenticated and legalized with Brosgall Legal, please send us an email or call us at 604-685-ADAM .
How does the South African Authentication & Legalization process work?
- if a translation is required, we arrange for a certified translation.
- we prepare and affix our notarial certificate to your documentation, and apply our signature and gold notarial seal.
- for governmental authentication, Brosgall Legal regularly deals with the Law Society of BC in Vancouver, the BC Ministry of Justice in Victoria, or the Department of Foreign Affairs in Ottawa.
- finally, Brosgall Legal handles the country-specific requirements of consular legalization. We work closely with the South African consulur office in Toronto, and we keep track of all their current requirements, fees, and timing.
Typical Documents Requiring Apostilles in South Africa
Some of the most common types of documents that require an Apostille (authentication and legalization) for use in South Africa are:
- international powers of attorney and property transfers
- identification, passport, visa and citizenship papers
- birth certificates for destination weddings
- death, wills and probate documents
- notarizations and acknowledgments
- corporate records, commercial documents and letters of intent
- police record check and clearance certificates
- diplomas, degrees and academic transcripts
- certified true copies and notarizations of other important documents
Brosgall Legal specializes in providing authentication and legalization services for all of these documents. We have years of experience working with Canadian government authorities, and the foreign consulates and embassies in Vancouver, Toronto and Ottawa. We navigate the complex and bureaucratic authentication and legalization process on your behalf, ensuring that your documents will be legal and valid for use in South Africa.
Vancouver Notary Public, Commissioner of Oaths, and Lawyer
Brosgall Legal's owner and principal, Adam Brosgall, is an experienced Vancouver Notary Public, BC Commissioner of Oaths, and Lawyer. He is fully qualified, licenced, and insured to do international notarizations, authentications, and legalizations (Apostilles) for use in South Africa. If you have any questions, please feel free to send us an email or call us at 604-685-ADAM . Please see our Vancouver Notary home page for our other services, and we look forward to assisting.